Healthy Habits Lengthen Life, Know to Take Good Care
Physical activity is a healthy lifestyle factors lowering the risk of several diseases and also lengthens your life. There is a need to choose a2020 Medicare advantage comparison with http://www.medicareadvantageplans2020.org
healthy diet, follow exercise, keep lean weight, limit alcohol and never smoke. Getting older involves negative and positive change, but enjoying aging is possible if you realize that’s taking place with your body and maintain your health. Several things happen as you age, right from your bones, skin, and even brain starts to behave differently. Do not allow the old age changes catch you itself by surprise.
Here are some common ones:
- Bones become thinner and more brittle in women, especially sometimes it leads to osteoporosis. Decreasing bone mass and thinning bones may put you at a risk for falls resulting in broken bones. Talk to your physician and prevent falls and osteoporosis.
- Heart is healthy on following regular exercise and a healthy diet. It may become enlarged slightly or the heart rate may become low, and the heart walls may thicken.
- Nervous system and Brain on getting older result in reflexes changes and even in your senses. Though dementia is not an old age normal consequence, it is common to experience slight forgetfulness. The brain cells and nerves can be damaged by the tangles and plaques formation, abnormalities leading to dementia.
- Senses also undergo changes such as hearing and vision become less sharp than they were once. You may lose the taste sense or the touch may weaken and your body reaction may take time to stimulate.
- Digestive system with age becomes more rigid and firm. It does not contract. However, this change leads to problems such as nausea feelings, stomach pain, constipation and the only help possible is a better diet.
- Teeth enamel is tough protecting teeth from decay over these years. Gum disease attacks seniors and so good dental hygiene alone can protect your gums and teeth. A common problem is dry mouth and taking medications over-the-counter may cause side effects. It is best to consult the dentist and to proceed.
- Skin of seniors is sure to sag and wrinkle as it loses its elasticity. Keep your skin protected from sun damage; avoid smoking right from younger age. This will keep your skin looking younger for a longer time.
- Sexlife in women after menopause changes with vaginal lubrication loss. Men also experience erectile dysfunction. However, both can be treated easily.
Bodily changes are a part of aging, and these are no reasons to slow you down. Just protect your body and stay healthy as possible.